Friday, January 20, 2006

In the Wild - Tigers

One lazy sunday, last March, I had been to the Bannerghata National Park. More than anything I wanted to see the Tigers in the open. Well, I got to see them in way that was beyond my expectations. There were ofcourse many other wild animals that I clicked. But somehow, watching the tigers remains fresh in my memory! I kinda remembered them when I was watching a program on the National Geographic channel about Tigers in Ranthambore. So decided to post this one rightaway.

I had clicked some pics in, what I call as, unorthodox angles. And am sharing some of those with you here. Here come the Tigers!


A Tiger - face to face


A Tiger crossing our path


Tiger hiding in the shadows


Lazying away in the afternoon sun


The same tiger as in the above pic. It just got up!


It's White!


Today's models should learn catwalking from this feline!


One of my favorite pics from this lot. No description required!


This one appeared to be counting the number of vehicles passing by... :-)

So, there you go. Let me know what you think of these...


2 Comments:

At Sun Jan 22, 09:52:00 AM PST, Blogger littlecow said...

How close were you to the tigers when you got those shots?! Especially those aerial shots, which looks quite good.

What is the best time to visit the park to see tigers?

 
At Sun Jan 22, 11:07:00 PM PST, Blogger Rubic_Cube said...

bala, i was travelling in the park bus when we were watching the tigers. while some pics have been clicked with good amount of zoom, some of them were clicked within a range of 15 feet. yes, that close...!
best time to go is when the park is greener... i would say sep-jan/feb should be ok. it does get very dry from feb onwards.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home